What is Honda Sensing?
Honda Sensing is a collection of safety features which are available for the first time on the 2015 CR-V Touring. These features use cameras positioned around the vehicle and a radar system to help give the driver a complete view of the road. On top of that Honda Sensing will try to alert the driver when they are at risk of a collision, and correct steering and braking in dangerous driving conditions.
Honda Sensing is composed of five key systems:
Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS):
- reduces the likelihood and severity of a frontal impact
- will lightly brake if the vehicle does not start to slow down when at risk of a collision
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS):
- gently corrects steering if the vehicle begins to leave the lane without signalling
LaneWatch Blind Spot Display:
- uses a camera which is mounted to the passenger-side mirror
- provides a live feed of the right-hand side of the road
- increases visibility by four percent
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC):
- uses a radar system which is hidden in the grille, and a camera in the rearview mirror
- helps to maintain a set speed and keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you
Lane Departure Warning (LDW):
- uses the camera mounted to the passenger-side mirror
- will alert the driver if the vehicle starts to leave the lane without signalling
If you would like to learn more about the 2015 CR-V Touring, click here for a full list of specs!
Want to see the CR-V in action? Click here to book a test drive!